9.The Report and Assessment of a Student's Progress and Research Performance for Thesis / Thematic Paper
Thesis Preparation and Submission, Faculty of Graduate Studies, Mahidol University.
- The student must report your progress and research performance to Thesis Advisory Committee / Thematic Paper Advisory Committee (GR.42 form) every semester that student is still working on the thesis / thematic paper.
- The Advisory Committee have to give student advice on the theoretical concepts, research methodology and analytical processes and help solve related problems that may occur.
- The Thesis / Thematic Paper Major Advisor and the Program Director have to check for and prevent dishonesty in the thesis / thematic paper by contacting the student and checking their progress at least once per month. The student do not has to meet major advisor in person but can contact in other ways provided records are kept for citation.
- The Thesis / Thematic Paper Major Advisor is responsible for presenting an evaluation of the progress of the students in the semester when they register their thesis / thematic paper to the the Program Director and submitting it to the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies every semester that the students are still working on thesis / thematic paper.
- To evaluate the students' progress in thesis or thematic papers, letter grade "P", "S", or "U" is assigned with the following meanings:
"P" ( in Progress) means the research is in the process of being performed, but cannot be judged as being either satisfactory or unsatisfactory.
"S" (Satisfactory) means the progress of the research performance is considered to be satisfactory.
"U" (Unsatisfactory) means the progress of the research performance is considered to be unsatisfactory, characterized by one of the following cases:
- The student registered for the thesis or thematic paper in that semester but still has not prepared the proposal of a thesis or thematic paper.
- The student did not perform the research according to the research plan.
- If a student receives the "U" rating for two consecutive semesters or the "P" symbol in four consecutive semesters, the thesis or thematic paper major advisor and the Program Director should consider the problems and solve them, then report to the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.